Search engine optimisation (SEO)，search engine/web marketing, writing and editing services (for web and print) from freelance optimiser and writer Stephanie Kendall, Christchurch, NZ
Get in Touch Get a free web services quote or contact me to discuss your project.
“…you obviously have not only a gift for writing but getting “inside” the business.”
See more testimonials
“…contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment.”
About Steph Kendall — A Potted History
Back in 1992, I graduated from the University of Warwick in England with an Honours degree in Film and Literature Studies. I left with no real idea of what to do when I grew up. I did know it would have to be something to do with what I liked best though… words and communication.
My Career Smorgasbord
I’ve been lucky enough to pursue my love of the written word throughout most of my career. There were a few blips… packing pies in a pork pie factory, dealing with customers in the construction business and, worst of all, working the night shift in a plastic cap production line. Still, all in all, my experience to date has left me fairly well-grounded, definitely well-rounded and off processed pies for life.
Some of the roles and industries I’ve enjoyed working in between 1992 and 2009 have included:
- Web Writer & Search Engine Optimiser (website design) – Avatar Web Promotions
- Account Manager (web marketing) – Optymise
- PR / Customer Liaison Officer (government) – Highways Agency
- Marketing Copywriter (retail) – Marks & Spencers
- Copy Editor (publishing) – Scholastic Children’s Books
- Book Acquisitions / PR Officer (charity) – Book Aid International
- Bookseller and Storyteller (retail) – Waterstones
Experience and Training
Much of the training in my line of work is ‘on-the-job’, but over the last couple of years, I’ve also attended a number of conferences and ‘bootcamps’ on search engine optimisation in New Zealand and Australia. I keep up to date with writing techniques, web marketing and search engine optimisation by way of online seminars, reading and courses.
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, NZ (2004) – Web design
- Canterbury Development Corporation, NZ –- Enterprise Training Programme
- Web Marketing Training & Editorial Quark Xpress, UK (2001) –- Media Training Centre
- Book House Training Centre, UK (1997) –- NVQ Copy Editing (Level 3)
- University of Warwick, UK (1989 – 1992) –- Film and Literature Studies B.A. Hons
My Down Time
When I’m not writing or editing, I’m either reading, quietly scoffing licorice, trying out new recipes on my unsuspecting family, hiking, working out at the gym or dreaming of exciting new adventures for me, my husband and the real boss in my life, my lovely little daughter.
Blasts from the Past
Get in Touch
If you’d like me to help you out with your website optimisation or content, please get in touch. My experience means I can take on most optimisation, marketing and wordsmith roles.
Please feel free to contact me, if you would like to discuss or commission a service not specifically mentioned here. You may also like to find out what my clients say about working with me.
“Professional optimisation, writing and editing services from trained and experienced online editor, Steph Kendall.”