Copyediting and editing services for web, electronic and print publications from Steph Kendall, a UK-trained freelance copyeditor, based in Christchurch, New Zealand
Copy Editing Service (Web and Print)
In editorial terms, copy editing involves making the final copy, namely the content or text, clear, correct, concise, comprehensible and consistent, (the five ‘c’s) prior to its final proofing and publication.
My copy editing service incorporates the five ‘c’s through:
- Correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Formatting text appropriately for the publishing medium (e.g adding headings, bold, lists, etc)
- Editing for house-style consistency
- Improving the sense and flow of copy.
Get in Touch Get a free web services quote or contact me to discuss your project.
“Steph behaved professionally at all times and … approaches everything with a smile.”
“Experience is one thing you can’t get for nothing.”
Your text will be returned either by email or hard copy depending on the format of your original material. Queries and changes will be clearly marked either by tracked changes (in Word) or by textual and marginal marks on hard copy (in accordance with British Standards Institute BS 5261).
Please make sure you provide me with a copy of your company style guide (if you have one). If you do not have a company style guide, you may want to include additional notes on:
- Preferred terminology (e.g. website, Web site, Website)
- Headings and sub-headings
- Use of leader dots and ellipsis
- Lists (use of parantheses, stops and indents)
- Dates (date form, year spans, centuries)
- Any other preferred styles.
Style Sheet Provision
You can request a style sheet from me with the return of your work, which you are welcome to add to your company style guide.
Contact me for a free cost estimate for your copy editing project.
View fees for copy editing and other services.
Please let me know if you would like to discuss or commission a related service not specifically mentioned here. You may also like to find out what my clients say about working with me.
“Professional editing and proofreading services from trained and experienced editor and proofreader, Steph Kendall.”